[Scribus] Manual - first baby step

Gregory Pittman gpittman
Tue Oct 23 05:24:31 CEST 2007

Here is a link to a potential introductory page for our manual.

ftp://www.infoisfree.com/scribus/scribusmanual.pdf

This is on my own website (note that it's ftp) -- it's about 603KB. I'm
hoping to generate some feedback about how people like it from as many
aspects as you care to mention.

There were many arbitrary decisions -- paper size, for one. I started
out with US Letter, then switched to A4 because I needed a little more
space. The fonts are Linux Libertine, so ended up being outlined in the
PDF. I thought about making two columns, wasn't sure I liked the idea,
so went with one. The PDF is 1.4 -- my default setting.

I might add that this page was (and hopefully not many others will be)
written from scratch, because I really didn't want and I don't think the
manual either should get bogged down in a multipage introduction that
very quickly becomes the least useful part of the manual. If someone is
looking for detail, I send them to other docs.

Greg