[Scribus] Is 1.3.4 stable enough

Stewart Noy windrunner
Wed Oct 17 18:28:01 CEST 2007

Dr. Werner Popken wrote:

> I can tell you why I chose to use 1.3.4.
>
> Firstly, you offer it. That is a big mistake in my eyes if you
> strongly advise people to not use it after the fact. I felt like being
> messed around. If this is really your opinion, please take it off.
> Otherwise, don't scold people who use it, rather apaologise for
> tricking them into using it although you strongly disadvise to do so.
>
> Now I learn that 1.3.4 is a dead end and bugs will not be fixed at
> all. Surprise! Makes me wonder even more why this version is offered
> in the first place.

It is offered as a development version, not as a stable version. So don't
use it as a stable version. It's that simple. Do you play soccer with a
bowling ball or go bowling with a soccer ball?

I enjoy playing around with the development version and seeing all the hard
the work the team have been up to, as I'm sure do alot of other people.
Surely when you downloaded 1.3.4 you would have realised that it was not
stable.
Having said that though I do think the team should include a pop-up that
warns you that it is a development version.

Stewart