[Scribus] Is 1.3.4 stable enough

Gregory Pittman gpittman
Wed Oct 17 15:55:28 CEST 2007

Stewart Noy wrote:

> Gregory Pittman wrote:
>
>> If you can get 1.3.5svn up and running, you might make your book in
>> 1.3.3.9
>> or 1.3.3.10svn, then load a copy into 1.3.5svn (or 1.3.4) to see how it
>> looks. A big issue with the transition to 1.3.4+ is a different handling
>> of text and styles.
>>

> What's the point of opening a 1.3.3.9 file in 1.3.4 though, as it looks
> nothing like the original in 1.3.3.9. especially if you have a lengthy book
> with large amounts of text. There will be some substantial work to do in
> getting it to look like the original.

Exactly my point. Nonetheless we have seen and will continue to see
those who, despite being advised to wait before using 1.3.4+ do it
anyway. It seems the best we can do is to try to keep them from doing a
lot of work in unstable versions only to reach a frustrating dead-end
and not be able to load the file into the stable version. Unfortunately
there are many tantalizing elements in the unstable versions, which is
part of the fatal attraction, I guess.

Greg