[Scribus] Code fixing (pdf writing with embedded object)

Louis Desjardins louis.desjardins
Fri Oct 12 11:24:49 CEST 2007

2007/10/12, Peter Schmidt <sp at sugarandsalt.hu>:

> Dear All,
>
> I found a small error in the pdf writer and corrected it. If an embedded
> object is not on the page, then this object won't be in the wrote pdf.
> That's
> why I wrote a new line before position of object checking. That's way the
> embedded object will plot in the pdf.
> Part of code in the pdflib.cpp:
> if(!embedded) //if this is not an embedded object, then needs to check
> just
> position of object (in my opinion)
>                 if (!( QMAX( x, x2 ) <= QMIN( x+w, x2+w2 ) && QMAX( y, y2
> ) <= QMIN( y+h1,
>                 y2+h2 )))
>                         return tmp;
>
> How can I share this observation with the developers?

Hi Peter,

This list is monitored by the developers, so they will have a look at your
code for sure!

The list is useful for discussions on a variety of Scribus related topics.
You might also want to have a look at the bug tracker at
bugs.scribus.netfor reporting bugs or RFE (request for enhancement).
Please browse before
filing a new bug as there are quite a few as you will notice and we like to
avoid duplicates when possible.

Cheers!

Louis

Thanks,