[Scribus] Code fixing (pdf writing with embedded object)

avox avox
Fri Oct 12 13:54:28 CEST 2007

Peter Schmidt-2 wrote:

> Dear All,
>
> I found a small error in the pdf writer and corrected it. If an embedded
> object is not on the page, then this object won't be in the wrote pdf.
> That's
> why I wrote a new line before position of object checking. That's way the
> embedded object will plot in the pdf.
> Part of code in the pdflib.cpp:
> if(!embedded) //if this is not an embedded object, then needs to check
> just
> position of object (in my opinion)
> 		if (!( QMAX( x, x2 ) <= QMIN( x+w, x2+w2 ) && QMAX( y, y2 ) <= QMIN(
> y+h1,
> 		y2+h2 )))
> 			return tmp;
>
> How can I share this observation with the developers?

The best way would be to file a bug at http://bugs.scribus.net , describe
how one can trigger this bug and attach a patch with your code changes. We
also hang out on IRC: #scribus on freenode.net , if you want to talk about
it first. Best time is European evenings.

/Andreas