[Scribus] Using the Open dialogue with paths with hash marks

Craig Ringer craig
Thu Oct 11 04:39:54 CEST 2007

Carl Moller wrote:
> I am having a problem with Scribus 1.3.3.9 on Windows XP sp2 and Windows
> 2K sp4.
> I am saving my files on a network drive with a hash (#) in the path
> name. This is a situation I cannot change as my work sets up these
> things and refuses to let us change them. the problem is that with a
> path like this:
> P:\Job Number\3174 Review #2 Sub\06. Engineering\Testing
>
> And within this final directory lives my file. So when I open it by
> browsing to the file, no problem. The problem occurs after loading if I
> try to open another file, I receive an error message saying:
> Error: Could not read directory
> P:\Job Number\3174 Review

If I had to make a guess, I'd suspect this to be a Qt bug. The #
character is used as fragment identifier in URIs. I wonder if it's using
a URI-like scheme internally for paths, and isn't properly escaping the
# character.

There are many other possible explanations, of course - that's really
just a guess. However, the issue doesn't appear to affect Qt4 builds of
Scribus, so that might well be it.

--
Craig Ringer