[Scribus] Can't use text in Scribus, can't select font.

Philipp Klaus Krause pkk
Mon Oct 1 14:08:00 CEST 2007

I have a problem with text frames in new documents.

When I create a new text frame and try to edit text it won't let me. The
font dropdown box doesn't display a selected font. When I click the
dropdown box I see all the installed fonts, but clicking on one just
closes the dropdown box without activating the selected font.

If I load some text from a file it shows up correctly in the edit text
dialog, but in Scribus all the characters are displayed as squares instead.

On the console some "QComboBox::changeItem: (fontStyle) Index 0 out of
range" error messages are displayed.

I use the scribus-ng package from Debian (Scribus 1.3.4) on a 64 Bit system.

If I open an old document (created using the same Scribus version on my
32 Bit notebook before it broke) everything works, I can add text
frames, edit the text, etc.

Philipp