[Scribus] scribus to word. Caution on OpenOffice to MS Word

Kirk Tirakian kirktalon
Mon Nov 26 14:47:43 CET 2007

OpenOffice is it is a nice cheap office suite
if you want to read the letter Auntie wrote you with her genuine MS Word
or the spreadsheet from your favorite club's annual financial statement.
However, I have experienced creating a more complex layout than a
simple letter
and the elements DID NOT stay in exactly the same place and/or size
in OpenOffice
as they were in MS Word. So I would stay in a like to like mode if
you are collaborating with
others to make a newsletter or some other print item. MS Word is a
hair pulling experience by itself
that will only get worse if you are doing Word to OpenOffice or vice
versa.

Kirk