[Scribus] scribus to word

avox avox
Mon Nov 26 13:42:29 CET 2007

Eddie-58 wrote:

> Hi
> I currently produce a news letter in word, but I am trying to swap to
> using open source program's.
> The problem is that at the other end the people who turn it into a
> printed newsletter only use word.
> Having discovered Scribus, I would be interested to know if there is any
> way I can export to a word format .

Scribus is a page layout program that makes it easy to arrange text and
graphics for the printed version. Word is a wordprocessor, and horrible for
doing any layout work.

If others insist on using word for final layout, make sure that you will not
be involved in the layout process and use OpenOffice to prepare your texts.

If you care about the emotional well-being of the ones doing the layout,
convince them to use Scribus.

/Andreas