[Scribus] etiquette / scribus mailing list

avox avox
Sat Nov 17 14:16:47 CET 2007

Roger, in Bangkok wrote:

> ...  Haven't seen any mention yet of
> a "chat" for support ... doubt that would be very useful in a global
> community dealing with what appears to be some very quirky support issues.

You mean you haven't heard of #scribus on freenode.net??
IMO it works pretty nice. Of course most developers will be
there mainly between 19:00h and 24:00 European time, so
you'd have to get up early in Bangkok to talk to us.

> Like most things Lazlo, I think it's mostly about behaviour.  As such, you
> probably won't see me posting much at all, and certainly very seldom would
> reply to lengthy, convoluted or multiple subject posts.  If there are
> exceptions you will also note that I delete everything that I am not
> replying to.  But that's just my behaviour, and certainly no reason to
> expect anyone else to copy it:-)

Very sensible behaviour, though.

> I'm not much of a political player, too old for that kinda crap, but I
> would
> doubt that a serious and respected developer would be so thin-skinned.

Not thin-skinned at all. IMHO F) is the most important best practice here.
And you'd risk I ignore your message if you don't follow B) and D).

/Andreas