[Scribus] Welcome to the "Scribus" mailing list

Frank Cox melville.theatre
Thu Nov 15 22:40:09 CET 2007

On Thu, 15 Nov 2007 07:46:04 -0500
Gregory Pittman <gpittman at iglou.com> wrote:

> This is why we suggest people not use 1.3.4+ unless they understand
> these and other issues.

Unfortunately, a lot of *distributions* don't seem to know that.

I just installed F8/i86_64 on this computer and when I told it to install
Scribus I got 1.3.4.  To get 1.3.3.9 I had to compile it myself.

A chap who advertises on my theatre flyer just sent me his copy for the
December flyer.  It didn't open.  I checked what he sent me, it's from 1.3.4.
I called him to ask what's what, and he said that his Ubuntu had just done an
automatic update and he got 1.3.4 from that, by magic.  I told him to back it
off again which he did and all is well.

But how many other folks will be bitten by that as well....