[Scribus] Hello...questions?

Charles Newbury newburcj
Thu May 31 10:59:46 CEST 2007

Good Morning (my time)...

I am a Freehand refugee since Adobe is dropping that wonderful application
from any further development. I?ve read many recommendations for Scribus as
a DTP application, so I?m going to give it my best shot.

I?m now running Aqua Scribus on an iMac G5, OS 10.4.9. It took some doing
since it couldn?t initially find Ghostscript and I had to manually set it to
my /sw directory but now it launches without error. Regarding
preferences>tools, is it possible to set Fireworks as my graphic editor
rather than Python?

My primary use for Scribus will be to make multi-page, letter-sized booklets
as programs for my community theatre. These are printed double sided,
landscape, US Letter, two columns. The booklets (playbills) will be folded
in half and stapled. I ran across a tip somewhere on the many pages of the
Scribus site that I expect will be studied extensiblyon how to make a
booklet. What wasn?t clear on first scan...are your pages created full-sized
in Scribus and then scaled to print side-by side in landscape via pstops?

Looking forward to a hopefully gentle learning curve.

Charles Newbury