[Scribus] How to print?

BandiPat magicpage91
Thu May 31 20:49:31 CEST 2007

Gregory Pittman wrote:
> BandiPat wrote:
>> Ok, I've got a dumb question.  How do you make Scribus print from the
>> program to your printer attached to your computer?  I haven't been able
>> to print anything directly since version 4 or 5, 1.3.3!
>>
>> Oh sure, you can print to pdf or you can set an alternate command using
>> kprinter, but it use to be possible to print directly to your attached
>> printer.  What happened?
>>
> Don't know about your distro, but on FC6 there is a problem directly
> printing from Scribus in the "usual" way.
> You might try this workaround:
> http://wiki.scribus.net/index.php/Fedora_Core_6_-_Troubleshooting
>
> There must have been some change in CUPS, but Scribus is my only program
> I have trouble with.
>
> Greg

Thanks Greg,
That actually was the solution I came up with back when I first noticed
it and another thread showed up here about it.  I think I followed a
link from the previous thread to that wiki page.  I was just really
surprised that it hasn't been fixed yet!  I just added "kprinter" as the
alternate method, as I mentioned above, to get output from my printer.

I guess regular printing doesn't take a high priority, but maybe things
will get sorted out now that 1.3.4 is finally out.

Pat

--
        ---Zenwalk v4.6(devel) Linux 2.6.21---
         Registered Linux User #225206