[Scribus] Hello...questions?

Jan Schrewe jschrewe
Thu May 31 11:38:42 CEST 2007

Charles Newbury schrieb am Donnerstag, 31. Mai 2007:
> Good Morning (my time)...
>
> I am a Freehand refugee since Adobe is dropping that wonderful application
> from any further development. I?ve read many recommendations for Scribus as
> a DTP application, so I?m going to give it my best shot.
>
> I?m now running Aqua Scribus on an iMac G5, OS 10.4.9. It took some doing
> since it couldn?t initially find Ghostscript and I had to manually set it
> to my /sw directory but now it launches without error. Regarding
> preferences>tools, is it possible to set Fireworks as my graphic editor
> rather than Python?
>
> My primary use for Scribus will be to make multi-page, letter-sized
> booklets as programs for my community theatre. These are printed double
> sided, landscape, US Letter, two columns. The booklets (playbills) will be
> folded in half and stapled. I ran across a tip somewhere on the many pages
> of the Scribus site that I expect will be studied extensiblyon how to make
> a booklet. What wasn?t clear on first scan...are your pages created
> full-sized in Scribus and then scaled to print side-by side in landscape
> via pstops?
>
> Looking forward to a hopefully gentle learning curve.
>
> Charles Newbury

Hi,

I usually give the pages half the size aof the final brochure (a5 instead of
a4). Then I use a script called impose to get them into the order I need fpr
printing. The script and directions can be found here:

http://wiki.scribus.net/index.php/How_to_make_impositions_with_pstops

Hope this helps

Jan