[Scribus] Scribus and FC6

Roger hovergo
Wed May 9 03:38:53 CEST 2007

I have successfully got Scribus 1.3.3.8 to work under FC6 -- but
The cvs download i836 ver 1.3.3.8 currently available did not provide the icons
in the menu bars, so I used the 1.3.3.8 cvs version that I used for FC4
I have no idea whether there are differences in the cvs, in my instance there
were. I downloaded the cvs 3 times from different mirrors and each had the same
fault.

To the person a couple of weeks ago who asked about Scribus problems in FC6, you
must check the ./configure readout for each and every 'no' answer and load the
required components, You can do this by typing ./configure | more and it will
configure one screen page at a time till you press the space bar to do the next
screen page.
When the ./configure runs to completion  and does not show error messages at the
end of the readout, run make and read the make out put for errors, make takes
quite a long time to run .
It reports many many uninitiated variables , many
variables initiated  but not used, this can be very confusing,  and several
other compile time errors that don't seem to matter, look for
missing components and install them using yum.
I had yum running while I ran ./configure and make so I could get things as needed.
su to root to run make install and it should complete well

You will need to yum install littlecms and all the other components mentioned in
the BUILDING required and recommended sections.

It is a massive task compiling Scribus but it does work.
Caveat -  Now cups printing in FC6 doesn't work at all on my machine so I had to
install ubuntu edgy on a small partition of the hd  in order to have printing.

At least, with Linux, there is always a way around a problem.

Roger