[Scribus] Can I make spot colour and greyscale pdf's?

Christoph Schäfer christoph-schaefer
Tue May 8 20:43:45 CEST 2007

Am Dienstag, 8. Mai 2007 20:19 schrieb GLee194584 at aol.com:
> I print newsletters and leaflets (currently many for the Green Party). My
> current printer likes a pdf file for the greyscale images and a separate
> one or separate pages for the spot colour (usually green at present). Is
> there a reasonably straightforward way of getting this from Scribus files?
>
> I use Windows XP and have the most up to date version of Scribus.
>
> Many thanks for any help you can give.
>
> Graham J. Lee
> (Hillingdon Greenprint Ltd)

Hi Graham,

does your printer really require a pdf file for each plate? If so, you find an
instruction here:
http://wiki.scribus.net/index.php/Simple_Scribus_Spot_Colour_Printing_method

If not, you can use a single pdf file. Make sure your images are really
greyscale, then create a new colour in Edit > Colour > New. Insert the name
of the spot colour (your printer will know it) and check "Is spot colour".
Use this colour for your green and send the single PDF file to your printer.

HTH

Christoph