[Scribus] 1.3.3.8 TrueType font problem in PDF ?

Christoph Schäfer christoph-schaefer
Wed May 2 00:21:17 CEST 2007

Am Mittwoch, 2. Mai 2007 00:02 schrieb John Beale:
> John Beale wrote:
> >> http://www.bealecorner.com/D30/misc/TT-test1.pdf
> >> http://www.bealecorner.com/D30/misc/TT-test1.sla
>
> Riku Leino wrote:
>  >You could try outlining the texts and not embedding the font.
>
> Yes, export PDF with outline font instead of embed font works fine. Also,
> printing directly from Scribus works fine. Just the export PDF with
> embedded font does not work. Note it is not just a kerning or spacing
> problem, because the actual characters shown in the PDF are incorrect.
>
> No workarounds needed as I already finished printing it directly from
> Scribus. I just mentioned the PDF embedding problem here in case it was a
> bug worth further attention.

Hi John,

I suggest you continue as follows:

First, make sure that your font is actually a quality font, not a cheap
rip-off.

Second, file a bug at bugs.scribus.net. Upload the font file and change the
status of the the bug tp "Private". Detailed information here:
http://wiki.scribus.net/index.php/How_to_file_a_bug_report

Cheers,

Christoph