[Scribus] grayscale images imported as RGB?

avox avox
Tue Mar 13 09:45:44 CET 2007

Lila Pagola-2 wrote:

> hi!
> I'm working with Scribus in a book, almost finished, because we are in
> press
> with everything except cover.
>
> Preparing the cover design for pre-press (I don't if in english it's said
> that way), I have found a rare behavoir of Scribus with grayscale images:
> they are considered as RGB files, in any format I try to import them
> (PNG8,
> gif, tif). And If I import them as CMYK I have information in the 4
> channels
> when the image is just black.
>
> Somebody has experiencied something similar? Am I doing something wrong?
> I did a quick search on the web and the list's archives and I didn't find
> any report of this problem.

As a workaround you can apply the grayscale imageeffect on the image. This
should convert all data to the K channel.
If that doesnt work (havent tried it myself), you can use the colorize
imageeffect
with CMYK Black. One user told us that this solved this problem.

/Andreas