[Scribus] grayscale images imported as RGB?

Lila Pagola lilapagola
Mon Mar 12 23:09:23 CET 2007

thanks for both answers! It's good to know there was something happening
just to my files!

The solution I found for the images in question, very graphic, was to
vectorize them in Inkscape.
Of course, it isn't a real solution because a photograph couldn't be treated
that way, but for photos the CMYK it will be fine, even better than
grayscale I think.

Regarding to PDF, here some prepress offices don like them at all, and they
ask for EPS or ai/cdr, etc... Even when printing the pages of the book, we
found some bug in the postcript printer that generated the originals because
it can't neither mirror them nor separate colors. So, we have to use Scribus
files and print separations directly from there: and absolute exception in
the normal workflow of a normal press, you can guess ... because they have
to install Scribus!

thanks again,