[Scribus] Q: Adding image with transparency

Pierre Marchand capparis
Wed Mar 7 21:17:08 CET 2007

Le Tue, 06 Mar 2007 18:49:33 -0700, "D. R. Evans" <doc.evans at gmail.com>
m'a transmis le message suivant :

> william f. maddock said the following at 03/06/2007 04:48 AM :
>
> > If I understand what you are attempting, your problem is a
> > misunderstanding of the functionality of opacity. The opacity
> > attribute only applies WITHIN THE IMAGE in GIMP,

Not at all. If you set values for the alpha channel, your resulting
image will have transparency by itself. The simpliest example is to
take a photo and set layer->transp.->color to transp., here it gives
semi-transparent image. And when i get it in Scribus, transparency
remains in the document.