[Scribus] Wordprocessor -> Scribus - but somewhat difficult

John R. Culleton john
Tue Jun 26 15:36:24 CEST 2007

On Tuesday 26 June 2007 09:15, Christoph Sch?fer wrote:
> Am Dienstag, 26. Juni 2007 14:36 schrieb John R. Culleton:
> > >
> > > http://wiki.scribus.net/index.php/Word_Processing_vs_DTP
> >
> > It is interesting that TeX was not mentioned in the Wiki article.
>
> It's not mentioned because TeX is a typesetting engine, not a word
> processor.

Quark and InDesign are mentioned, and they are certainly not word
processors either.

> > It
> > is an Open Source DTP application with a large number of users.
>
> If typesetting is the same as DTP for you, then, yes, TeX and its
> children are DTP applications.

Since TeX in its Context incarnation will also do some amount of
imposition  then I wonder what is lacking to make it a dtp
application in your understanding.  I am not arguing, just asking.
Is it the lack of a built-in text editor? The lack of WYSIWYG?

> BTW, many Scribus users and
> certainly the developers and contributors know TeX very well ;)

Yes, I was only questioning the wiki article.

--
John Culleton
ATTN Publishers/authors: