[Scribus] Wordprocessor -> Scribus - but somewhat difficult

Christoph Schäfer christoph-schaefer
Tue Jun 26 15:15:03 CEST 2007

Am Dienstag, 26. Juni 2007 14:36 schrieb John R. Culleton:
> On Sunday 24 June 2007 01:19, Alexandre Prokoudine wrote:
> > On 6/24/07, Michael Engel wrote:
> > > I searched for "italic fonts" and just found that there are some
> > > reasons not to have it included - but this is not understandable
> > > for the non-professionals.
> >
> > http://wiki.scribus.net/index.php/Word_Processing_vs_DTP
>
> It is interesting that TeX was not mentioned in the Wiki article.

It's not mentioned because TeX is a typesetting engine, not a word processor.

> It
> is an Open Source DTP application with a large number of users.

If typesetting is the same as DTP for you, then, yes, TeX and its children are
DTP applications. BTW, many Scribus users and certainly the developers and
contributors know TeX very well ;)

Cheers

Christoph