[Scribus] Fonts (Win/Mac/Linux)

jon info
Tue Jun 26 12:55:55 CEST 2007

Am 26.06.2007 um 05:33 schrieb Michael Engel:

> I am looking for an overview on fonts which are available per
> default on
> Win/Mac/Linux.
> I don't want to embed fonts in my pdf file of my magazine - it is
> already
> big enough. Or do you think it is better to embed fonts (just in
> case) ?

Hi Michael,
I don't think this is a good idea, because you will never know wether
your fonts will be
replaced with their absolute equals or not.

Just as an example there are at least, mmh, about 5(?) different
Version of Helvetica, Courier (? 4),
Times (? 6), Arial (? 3) all with with different metrics and
occurances (all with the same ID).
Another reason might be that ttf versions metrics may differ from the
ps and otf versions metrics.
And at least some users may have removed some of these fonts from
their system and eventually missing fonts
might or will be replaced with multiple master fonts.
Jon