[Scribus] Fonts (Win/Mac/Linux)

Craig Ringer craig
Tue Jun 26 05:59:54 CEST 2007

Michael Engel wrote:
> I am looking for an overview on fonts which are available per default on
> Win/Mac/Linux.
> I don't want to embed fonts in my pdf file of my magazine - it is already
> big enough. Or do you think it is better to embed fonts (just in case) ?

Adobe provides a core set of 14 fonts with Adobe Reader, implemented
using a couple of multiple master fonts. They are all you should rely on.

Those fonts are:

Courier
Courier-Bold
Courier-Oblique
Courier-BoldOblique
Times-Roman
Times-Bold
Times-Italic
Times-BoldItalic
Helvetica (Windows users know a nearly identical font as Arial)
Helvetica-Bold
Helvetica-Oblique
Helvetica-BoldOblique
Symbol
ZapfDingbats

Anything else may or may not work depending on PDF viewer, platform,
installed fonts, phase of the moon, etc.

--
Craig Ringer