[Scribus] GUI: behaviour of touching frames

Jim Killock jim.killock
Sat Jun 23 17:57:10 CEST 2007

Dear all,

The behaviour I would most like changed is the way touching frames
are selected in the GUI.

= Scribus =

(i) Select object, get resize handles. Grabbing edge of selected
object A to resize, where the edge touches unselected object B, will
select object B where object B is stacked higher in the layer

= InDesign / Quark =

(ii) Select object, get resize handles. Grabbing edge of selected
object A where the edge touches unselected object B will NOT select
object B where object B is stacked higher in the layer

Does this seem reasonable? I think it's the worst aspect of the
Scribus interface (making it very difficult for newbies) which by and
large, seems really quite good.

Thanks

Jim