[Scribus] GUI: behaviour of touching frames

Christoph Schäfer christoph-schaefer
Sat Jun 23 18:06:21 CEST 2007

Am Samstag, 23. Juni 2007 17:57 schrieb Jim Killock:
> Dear all,
>
> The behaviour I would most like changed is the way touching frames
> are selected in the GUI.
>
> = Scribus =
>
> (i) Select object, get resize handles. Grabbing edge of selected
> object A to resize, where the edge touches unselected object B, will
> select object B where object B is stacked higher in the layer
>
> = InDesign / Quark =
>
> (ii) Select object, get resize handles. Grabbing edge of selected
> object A where the edge touches unselected object B will NOT select
> object B where object B is stacked higher in the layer
>
> Does this seem reasonable? I think it's the worst aspect of the
> Scribus interface (making it very difficult for newbies) which by and
> large, seems really quite good.

Hi Jim,

yes this seems quite reasonable. Please add your request to the usability
discussion on
http://wiki.scribus.net/index.php/Discussion:_Scribus_UI/usability_improvements

Cheers

Christoph