[Scribus] A point of view on the GUI : scale to frame size and adjust frame to image

Christoph Schäfer christoph-schaefer
Sat Jun 23 17:48:28 CEST 2007

Am Samstag, 23. Juni 2007 10:23 schrieb Cedric Sagne:
> All,
>
> It has been discussed in this list of the menu items "Properties: image,
> scale to frame size" and the contextual menu "Adjust frame to image".
> It is rather common, I believe, to use the two one after the other in order
> to:
> - define the rough dimensions of an image frame from layout constraints
> - get the image frame to gather the proportions of the image conveniently

> image, scale to frame size" and the contextual menu "Adjust frame to image"
> should be available jointly were discarded on the base that as one is
> related to image properties and the other to frame properties.
> I would like to point out that if the use I am describing is widespread,
> such usability and convenience definately overrides a strict technical
> distinction on image properties and frame properties attributes.
>
> I would suggest that all people who feel this GUI minor tweak is worth it
> open their mouth err their mail client "or be forever silent" so that it
> may be considered in the light of how Scribus is used rather than how it is
> built.
> Obviously it is only through widespread use that GUI changes can be
> considered - lest I were changed into a troll.
>
> Cedric

Hi Cedric,

your posting is certainly not considered as "trolling".

There's a new discussion page on the Wiki. You can add your suggestions here:
http://wiki.scribus.net/index.php/Discussion:_Scribus_UI/usability_improvements

Cheers

Christoph