[Scribus] Scribus observations

avox avox
Sat Jun 2 14:47:13 CEST 2007

jon-73 wrote:

> Andreas,
> would you consider to put some notes about the common mac paths for
> gs an python on the Mac Scribus site?
> Seems that some users need some help here.

Well, I can only speak for the binaries I provide and I think I already
stated that:
Macintosh HD:/Library/Frameworks

Both Ghostscript and Python are not relocatable since they wont find their
support files
any more if dragged elsewhere.

If you have another Ghostscript installed, you can just add the path to the
executable
in Scribus's Preferences->External Tools.

> One note/question on py 2.4. I already have py 2.5 (for blender) and
> 2.3 (OS X) installed. Is there a special reason to use
> only 2.4? I would be very happy if i can omit the installation of
> another python version.

The Scribus binary I compiled is linked against 2.4. If you compile Scribus
yourself, Python 2.5 should work as well (I think there are problems with
2.3)

/Andreas