[Scribus] How to print?

Gregory Pittman gpittman
Fri Jun 1 20:17:22 CEST 2007

Cedric Sagne wrote:
>>> Can anyone print a Scribus file directly to their attached printer from
>>> Scribus using Scribus' printing mechanism
>>>

> Actually (maybe oil on the fire there), I clearly remember doing this in
> 1.3.3.7 Windows, (but then this issue may indeed be Linux specific),
> specifically on a file which was not big.
> Apart from that it looks to me that given the amount of data processed when
> a PDF is created (and a ps file to a printer is just that), it is not
> suprising that things go wrong when trying to print directly.
> IMHO (and I am not a big techie) it sounds like common sense to split the
> data sending to the printer in two in order to lower complexity
> 1 create ps file to pdf,
> 2 print the pdf

One of the inane things I do with Scribus is print envelopes -- I use a
template I concocted, my Scripter Postnet generator, and it's faster
than any other way (on Linux). Turning them into ps or pdfs, though,
doesn't make sense.
I think there are plenty of things that people may want a quick and
dirty printed copy from Scribus without generating the PDF.

Greg