[Scribus] New Wiki pages to support the devlopers

Christoph Schäfer christoph-schaefer
Sat Jun 2 01:05:22 CEST 2007

Dear members of this list,

Scribus is making progress at an amazing pace. An incredible amount of new
features has been added to 1.3.4, and the roadmap promises similar
enhancements for 1.3.6. However, as those testing and using Scribus on
regular basis know, there are two areas which are likely to suffer a bit from
fast development, namely the user interface and the undo/redo system.

As for usability, Scribus has been praised, but also criticised. To help the
guys improving the overall "experience" of using Scribus, I have set up a new
Wiki page. You can add suggestions or screenshots there:
http://wiki.scribus.net/index.php/Discussion:_Scribus_UI/usability_improvements

As for the Action history, I'm sure that many of you already stumbled a
missing implementation of undo/redo. Some of the issues are already filed to
the bugtracker, and there exists a Metabug for those reports:
http://bugs.scribus.net/view.php?id=5745

However, it may be easier to create a simple list of missing undo actions to
keep track of all those actions. Feel free to add anything you're missing
here: http://wiki.scribus.net/index.php/List_of_missing_undo/redo_actions.

Thanks in advance for your contributions

Christoph