[Scribus] Justification in 1.3.4

Axel Bojer axelb
Wed Jul 18 09:08:36 CEST 2007

Cedric Sagne skrev:
> Thanks Andreas for the 1.3.4 justification rules wiki article. I had to read
> it twice in order to understand it (a bit slow on a Sunday morning - more
> coffee please !).
>
> Now I humbly think 1.3.3 rules should still be available as an option NOT
> because they are technically better (not the case methinks) but in order to
> prevent massive messes (and therefore additional work and loss of
> productivity) when working on old documents. This will also ensure that as
> many of us as possible are creating new documents in 1.3.4 knowing it is
> downwards-safe when opening old stuff.
> What about a dialog warning when opening old documents?

Yes. Perhaps even better:
The choice right away to
a) keep all the settings as in 1.3.3.* (to do minor justifications)
b) Use all the new and imroved things (to rework or do big changes to a
document).

But at least informing the user that these two methods are there should
be a good thing IMHO. (Of course this would only occur when opening
1.3.3.*-documents).

Best regards
Axel Bojer