[Scribus] Template Question-response

rcook at pcug.org.au rcook
Fri Jul 13 09:58:31 CEST 2007

> Yes, I did go to File- new from template, but scribus does not see the
> downloaded files - it simply shows me four or five sample templates that
> came along with the initial install of 1.3.4.

OK, the templates you are seeing would be located in
/usr/share/scribus/templates/ ($PREFIX/share/scribus/templates/)

Look at your preferences Edit->Preferences, there is a text box there
where you can have an outside directory specified, use that?

Also, I have a ~/.scribus/templates directory which is read. You can put
your templates in there. (If you do not have a ~/.scribus/templates
directory, then just make one.

HTH

Owen