[Scribus] Order of layers and objects using master pages not consistant?

Gregory Pittman gpittman
Thu Jul 12 16:08:49 CEST 2007

Julian Robbins wrote:
> Hi
>
> We have an odd problem, I havent seen before. We have a master page with
> a Header. But items on the normal page always appear above (ie in terms
> of layers or selections) any of the objects in the master page; but we
> want the objects on the master page to appear in front of (eg on top of)
> any objects on any other layers on the normal page.

I'm pretty sure the items on the Master Page are the background of
whatever you're doing, so the workaround is going to be to use the
Master Page for the things that are in the background, then pull out
your Header and copy it to all pages as a separate frame -- if you do a
copy (Ctrl+C), then paste (Ctrl+V) to another page it will be placed
with identical x,y coordinates.

Greg