[Scribus] importing eps file as a base layer

Michael Farmer mcf
Sun Jan 28 17:04:37 CET 2007

Hi

Can someone please help me?

I am a recent convert to Scribus and am truly impressed by its power and
capabilities even though I am still only scratching the surface.

I recently completed a series of product Data Sheets for printing onto
pre-printed blank templates. These consist of a series of text and image
boxes saved as a .sla file in Scribus created on a single background layer
and work fine for printing hard copy.

My challenge is that I want to find out how to import the eps file of the
pre-printed template onto a layer and superimpose the various .sla files on
top. The purpose being to then produce PDF output for use as a downloadable
file from the web.

I feel sure that this should be possible but am not able to accomplish it to
date.

Many thank's for the help.

Michael Farmer