[Scribus] Universal Binaries for OS X

Louis Desjardins louis.desjardins
Fri Jan 19 05:05:45 CET 2007

2007/1/18, John Harrold <john.m.harrold at gmail.com>:

> Howdy,
>
> I'm a lowly Peace Corps volunteer in the South Pacific. I have a friend
> with a MacBook who wants to make a menu for a local restaurant, and I
> thought Scribus would be perfect for that. I sent him along and he said
> that the OS X binaries were not universal and pointed out that the PPC
> ones
> would not work on intel machines. So I was wondering if anyone knew how
> far
> along the support for intel macs was, if there is any at all.

I can confirm Scribus works on Intel Macs. The build is for PPC mac running
up to OSX 1.4. and it runs smoothly on Intel iMac and on Mac Book Pro
(latest Intel model). I have Scribus running on those two machines. I simply
followed the install instruction.

BTW I found no real issue on Rosetta. Stuff running on PPC runs as well on
Intel unless you push them to the limit, I can only guess!

HTH

Louis

Thanks.