[Scribus] Separate linked text frames

Louis Desjardins louis_desjardins
Thu Jan 18 17:21:49 CET 2007

Axel Bojer a ?crit :
> Is there an easy way of separating text joined in linked text frames?
> The only way I have found is to copy from the story editor and then
> paste it in a new frame. But this takes time, especially since my
> document is big :-/
>
> Just copying a frame copies this frame and the text in that frame.
> marking multiple frames and copying also copies those frames with their
> content. This is nice, but only solves part of the problem, because I
> then have to delete the original content to prevent it from occuring twice.
> Just removing a fram moves the content to the next frame.

Hi Axel,

This is the expected behaviour when removing a frame from a linked chain.

> Is it possible to separate one or more frames from the linking chain
> *with* their content some other way?

You might find convenient to re-import your text in the new layout (thus
either saving it first from the SE into a seperate text file and then
use a WP to split your text or by going back to your preferred WP where
the original text came from and split the text at this level, instead of
manipulating it in Scribus).

What I understand is you want to split into smaller entities a somewhat
long text. There is no easier way that I know to achieve this.

HTH

Louis