[Scribus] Scribus ignoring quality ttf font

avox avox
Thu Jan 18 12:05:31 CET 2007

Frantisek Hornak wrote:

> I bought a linotype font at myfonts.com in ttf format (Neue Helvetica 93
> Black Extended). The font indeed works well in any linux application
> (xaraxtreme, inkscape, gimp, ooffice, etc) but curiously not in scribus.
> Scribus simply doesn't load the font. I wonder if low quality fonts
> elimination (feature of scribus) could be the issue considering the
> high-end
> class of linotype font foundry. I re-downloaded the font from myfonts.com,
> in case of strangely severed previous download, but the result was same.
> If
> I run scribus -fi the font isn't even listed. The font was installed
> system
> wide in /usr/share/fonts/myfonts directory beside another font from
> myfonts.com which works normally in scribus. Does somebody have any idea
> or
> explanation please?

Hm, -fi should also list the rejected fonts...
Maybe you need to rebuild the fontconfig cache. Or you can put the font in
a local directory and configure that in Scribus prefs as an additional font
path.
If that doesn't help, you can file a bug, mark "view status" as private and
attach
your font.

/Andreas