[Scribus] Scribus ignoring quality ttf font

Frantisek Hornak fhornak
Thu Jan 18 11:35:55 CET 2007

I bought a linotype font at myfonts.com in ttf format (Neue Helvetica 93
Black Extended). The font indeed works well in any linux application
(xaraxtreme, inkscape, gimp, ooffice, etc) but curiously not in scribus.
Scribus simply doesn't load the font. I wonder if low quality fonts
elimination (feature of scribus) could be the issue considering the high-end
class of linotype font foundry. I re-downloaded the font from myfonts.com,
in case of strangely severed previous download, but the result was same. If
I run scribus -fi the font isn't even listed. The font was installed system
wide in /usr/share/fonts/myfonts directory beside another font from
myfonts.com which works normally in scribus. Does somebody have any idea or
explanation please?