[Scribus] Color Management issues

Kai-Uwe Behrmann ku.b
Sun Jan 14 18:45:24 CET 2007

Am 14.01.07, 11:11 +0100 schrieb Tino Schwarze:
> On Sun, Jan 14, 2007 at 03:27:02AM +0100, jon wrote:
> > If you want to have better results you should convert any rgb to say
> > Adobe RGB (6500?K - but rel. large scale color space) or much better
> > ECI rgb (5000?K, large scale). This is for Europe only, though.

ECI profiles are as much and as less for europe only as Adobe profiles are
for north america only. What would say south america or australia ;-)

> Thanks, I'll give it a try.

Tino,
you dont need to convert to an intermediate colourspace for separating to
Cmyk. Just convert from the image colour space to the destination colour
space and you should be fine.

Even though for editing, the above profiles are good choices, including
LStar-RGB.

> > But with photographic images I commonly get the best results when using
> > perceptual as rendering intend instead of relative shift (rel.
> > colormetric).
>
> The images are not photographic and some time ago, when I looked into CM
> the first time, I decided that rel. colorimetric was the way to go.

The photometric intent is implementation dependent and thus not a
relyable choice for corporate colours (logos). Colour shifts are possible.
Hence the often recommendation to relative colorimetric.
For photos the photographic intent gives often better results.

Viel Spa?.

Gr??e,
Kai-Uwe Behrmann
--