[Scribus] PDF in Windows

Craig Bradney cbradney
Fri Jan 12 22:19:49 CET 2007

On Friday 12 January 2007 21:24, Steven Boothe wrote:
> On 1/12/07, Craig Bradney <cbradney at scribus.info> wrote:
> > Why would you suggest Inkscape for editing a PNG made from a PDF over
> > Scribus?
>
> Because it is phenomenally easier?
>
> Work flow after import:
> 1. press 't'
> 2. click over line to fill out
> 3. type in your name, etc
> 4. click over next area to fill out
> 5. type in your address, etc
> 6. lather rinse repeat as necessary
> 7. select and move text frames as necessary for tidiness
> 8. print or export
> 9. done
>
> What do you think? I once tried and compared and this is what I found to be
> the easiest for me.
>
> All the best,
>
> Steven

hmm..
new doc
draw frame
control D,select pdf, click ok

Work flow after import:
1. t, draw frame
2. e
3. type text
4. click on canvas
5. lather rinse repeat as necessary
6. select and move text frames as necessary for tidiness
7. print or export
8. done

About the same, and you get a better and a full featured PDF export, if you
get one at all with Inkscape (their PDF exporter is only experimental,
nothing against Inkscape, thats their words, perhaps this will change in
0.45)

Regards
Craig