[Scribus] Footnotes -- any ideas?

Paraplegic Racehorse paraplegic_racehorse
Fri Jan 12 21:53:49 CET 2007

On Monday 08 January 2007 11:01, Bill Powell wrote:
> +
> I'm a typesetter who's coming
> from LaTeX; I have a particular client who wants to be able to edit
> the files for his book himself if need be. I've talked him into trying
> Scribus instead of getting me a license for InDesign, since the
> learning curve for Scribus is (as you know) exponentially less than
> LaTeX for someone coming from Indesign.

There is, apparently, no automated TeX/LaTeX rendering or authoring support in
Scribus at this time. Watch:

Issue 0000128: TeX rendering engine
http://bugs.scribus.net/view.php?id=128

Issue 0003698: LaTeX import
http://bugs.scribus.net/view.php?id=3698

Until one or both issues are solved in one form or another, I recommend to
your client LyX or similar for direct TeX/LaTeX editing.

That, or write a Scribus plug-in adding LaTeX support. :)

--
Faster than a speeding slug!
I'm Paraplegic Racehorse.