[Scribus] PDF in Windows

Tom Davidson mail
Fri Jan 12 21:20:30 CET 2007

> Trying to edit PDF for collaboration is a *bad* idea. If there were
> any format less suitable for editing it would be PDF. Here is
> why:http://rants.scribus.net/2006/12/10/pdf-surgery/

exactly! yes... but it is with existing PD - gov forms. if the format
wasn't allready dictated to us, we would both just use OOo (all though
no versioning). The link you sent was very helpful, I was confused on
the PDF streghts of Scrubus and had the wrong expectations.

> In this case Ghostscript is missing or it is not being detected.
> http://docs.scribus.net/index.php?lang=en&page=settings13 (at the
> bottom) has hints on how to set the preferences for using
> Ghostscript.

I will check this out when I get there. I am suspecting it is troubles
with having a program registry... we install then reinstall but
windows it just to messy.... Ill be taking my partner a linux live cd
too :D

Thanks for the Inkscape suggestion with it we could just have an SVG
with the PD image embedded.... should we need to, we could edit via a
xml editor. Not too long ago I needed to set the tracking of some
text... it wasn't available through the program, so i wiped out the
xml and set it myself of course, i had a book :) ) - open/free formats
are sweet