[Scribus] PDF in Windows

Plinnell mrdocs
Fri Jan 12 09:41:44 CET 2007

On Friday 12 January 2007 06:12, Tom Davidson wrote:
> Steven,
> Thank you for the follow you. We are not so much after generic
> document generations, but the ability to collaboratively work on
> existing PDFs.  I suppose to modify PDF that should have been
> should have been form fill to begin with to form fill.

Trying to edit PDF for collaboration is a *bad* idea. If there were
any format less suitable for editing it would be PDF. Here is
why:http://rants.scribus.net/2006/12/10/pdf-surgery/

Where 'collaboration' via PDF works well is using PDF as a front end
to data submission, much like web forms. They both have pluses and
minuses. Where Scribus is concerned, aside from real Acrobat Pro,
there is nothing else which can *create* PDF forms in such an easy
manner.

> Also, on this one computer Scribus can not open PDF or import PDF
> at all. We dl the trial of Adobe Acrobat to get our immediate needs
> taken care of....

In this case Ghostscript is missing or it is not being detected.
http://docs.scribus.net/index.php?lang=en&page=settings13 (at the
bottom) has hints on how to set the preferences for using
Ghostscript.

> Maybe when I physically get to colorado when the machine is I will
> have better look.
>
> Regards, tom

Peter