[Scribus] Updating text boxes

jon info
Tue Jan 9 11:31:48 CET 2007

Hi Ralph,

Say you need a persistent layout of a kind you only need to define
exactly one masterPage
and use it on the (set of) Pages in your layout.
MasterPages are not printed nor saved in exported docs (like pdf),
their only function is to provide samples.

You may always change the content or layout of a masterPage. The
changes will always be applied to any Page
(in layout) to which the masterPage is connected to.

First Step should be to define and layout MasterPages (a masterPage)
Second Step - create as much Pages as you like in your doc
Third - connect the MasterPages to as many Pages as you like (the
layout from the MasterPage will now be "copied" to)
Fourth - change the content of the masterPage and the changes will
automatically be applied to all pages to witch the masterPage belong
to.

Don't know if I am clear or not, but I hope this might be of some help.
Jon