[Scribus] problem with printing on Suse

Plinnell mrdocs
Mon Jan 1 21:02:24 CET 2007

On Monday 01 January 2007 17:41, Le Tigre wrote:
> Hi everybody, and a happy new year!
>
> I've problems with printing from Scribus on Suse:
>
> the printer is a Canon LBP-1120, via smb (on a Windows machine). I
> can print without problems from all applications (Openoffice, etc.)
>
> But Scribus files aren't printed.
>
> 1? On Suse 10.1, KDE, in Kjobviewer I see the file which leaves the
> window like if it was printed, but it's not.
> And I can't print PDF made from Scribus with Acroread. Only KPDF
> and kprinter allows the printing.

The print settings in Acrobat Reader 7.08 can affect how easily a
given PDF file from Scribus will print.  I would look to see if the
settings in 10.2 match those on your 10.1 machine.

> 2? On Suse 10.2 (other computer), KDE, the PDF is printed by
> Acroread, but not the sla file directly from Scribus: Kjobviewer
> tells "Error" after a moment.

In this case, I suspect it is a weakness or issue with the Canon
driver.
> I suspect it's a question of weight, but it's really ennoying,
> because I've to print many tries all the day, and making a pdf is
> good just at the end of the day, when file is ok!
>
> Have you any ideas or suggestions?
>
> Thanks
>
> Raphael

I had a look at the specs of this printer and it is a 'win printer'
which writes GDI (Windows native) and the linux driver somehow
converts this to postscript.

It could be a situation where there are PDF or PS operators which
cannot be translated and that is where the printer driver chokes.

Have you tried printing directly via the SB cable ? This might help.

Happy New Year,

Peter