[Scribus] color management

Damien Hull dhull
Sat Feb 10 22:35:31 CET 2007

jon wrote:
> Am 10.02.2007 um 01:21 schrieb Damien Hull:
>

>> I'm having trouble understanding and configuring color management.
>> Here's what I've got at the moment.
>>
>>    1. Ubuntu Dapper
>>    2. Scribus 1.3.3.2
>>    3. LG Flatron L1720P
>>    4. Lexmark C534dn ( nice color laser )
>>
>> Here's what I want to do.
>>
>>    1. Create a icc profile for my monitor
>>          1. I ran lprof and created a profile
>>          2. I have know idea if it is working
>>    2. Create an icc profile for my printer
>>          1. I downloaded the Adobe icc files but they don't have my
>> printer
>>

> I don't think think there are icc profiles available for this printer.
> But you might give lexmark.com a try.
> You might also search your installation CD(s) for appropriate files.
> But, anyway, it's unlikely that you will be truly satisfied with a
> standardized (in this case eventually cheaply
> produced) profile (of cause this is [[ very ]] depending on your needs).
>
> you may also try: http://www.color.org/findprofile.html
> there is a openicc list.
>
> scribus (I don't remember how well .3.3.2 does here) uses inline color
> management and simulation wich you can
> switch on and off. You can add profiles in setup or document setup. I
> don't know if there is a system wide CM-Module
> for Linux (Ubuntu) and I don't know how or if scribus is affected by
> this.
>
> Jon

What good does it do to have color correction in Scribus if you can't
configure it for your hardware?

I would like to print out fliers and other color documents for my
business. Can I do this without color correction? I should point out
that the Scribus documentation strongly recommends using color correction.