[Scribus] cmyk workflow

jon info
Mon Feb 5 19:52:04 CET 2007

>> Settings for CMM are made in "Preferences/Colormanagement"
>> Activate "Colormanagement"

Hi Gustavo,

> Consider a document that will be exported to PDF with color intended
> for
> printer.
>
> What's the difference in the CMYK conversion of an imported RGB picture
> between CM=off and CM=on (with the default settings)?

I don't know wich CM settings are used when scribus is in default mode
(CM is off) - does this sound confusing?
Simply any color conversion is anyhow managed and done by conversion
tables or/and algorithms.

If you switch CM on first think different is that you are able to use
the input profile setting in the pdf output dialog.
(and don't use what is hidden and unknown).
Another is that you are able to set in and output profiles in your
overall and document settings.
With CM on you can use the Print Preview (though I think it's broken
and does not display what it should).

Concluding this, if you enable CM your enabling yourself to let scribus
provide more correct color conversions - if set properly and as long as
scrbus has no bug here .... or there.

> How do both scenarios compare to the default photoshop RGB-> CMYK
> conversion?

Different Methods. PS allows to use different CMMs
(ColorMatchingModules) and provides nearly correct previews on
calibrated monitors.
photoshop is expensive. You cannot change colormodes in photoshop
without CM.

Does this answer your questions?
Jon