[Scribus] cmyk workflow

Gustavo Homem gustavo
Mon Feb 5 18:49:51 CET 2007

> Settings for CMM are made in "Preferences/Colormanagement"
> Activate "Colormanagement"

Consider a document that will be exported to PDF with color intended for
printer.

What's the difference in the CMYK conversion of an imported RGB picture
between CM=off and CM=on (with the default settings)?

How do both scenarios compare to the default photoshop RGB-> CMYK conversion?

Thanks
Gustavo

> More generic but possibly more sufficient settings:
>
> set profile RGB-Pictures to RGB (ECI-RGB or sRGB or Generic)
> set profile CMYK-Pictures to CMYK (ISO-coated or ISO-uncoated or
> Generic)
> set monitor to (ECI-RGB or sRGB or Generic)
> set printer to (ISO-coated or ISO-uncoated or Generic)
>
> set rendering intents
> monitor to relative colormetric
> printer to photographic or perceptive
>
> check compensate black
>
> You may obtain the mentionend profiles at www.eci.org, for better
> results you should install them.
>
> Using CMM does not mean you wont run into any problems with colors wich
> cannot be converted.
> But it helps a lot.
>
> And, no, I am afraid I cannot help you with installing CMM under Linux
> or Windows.
>
> Another way around is to change the colors in your png (in Gimp) to
> something which in your opinion
> might be printable. And reimport these files.
>
> Jon
>
> > Am I doing something wrong here?
> >
> > I ought to have it sent and proofed today, so every help is
> > appreciated :-)
> >
> > Best regards
> > Axel Bojer

Angulo S?lido - Tecnologias de Informa??o
http://angulosolido.pt