[Scribus] Ink blots on PDF

Archimedes Arevalo archimedes.arevalo
Mon Feb 5 16:18:29 CET 2007

On Monday 05 February 2007 23:02:14 jon wrote:

> > It almost looks as if the fonts' strokes were turned on instead of
> > being turned off as normal.
>
> Without the mentioned pdf at hand it's hard to tell. You might send the
> pdf to me personally - if you like,
> I can open and check it with acrobat.
> It looks like there are no fontpaths but instead only ps1 bitmaps are
> embedded or more likely the fonts were
> not embedded and the pdf uses (defect) system fonts while displaying.
> What is scribus saying about the embed/no embed/subset flags of the
> mentioned fonts?
> Jon

Mr. Maddock, I have no clue to what that means.

Jon, there were no messages/errors to say otherwise, and all seemed OK with
the Print to PDF. I really cannot understand it when it prints out OK on
1.3.3.4. At least if they are both bad then I know it had to be something
else. Then again, 1.3.3.7 is on a harddisk install and 1.3.3.4 is on a
remastered LiveCD. I've posted on my distro forum and there was no
satisfactory reply. So I figured I'd ran here before we start with the
production of the next issue.

Jon, I will print out a small portion of the issue and send it to you by email
ASAP. Thanks for all your concern, and I'm still waiting for any other
assistance.

--
?@??hie?

I believe that my growth has reached an impasse. I have endeavored to become
more human ... to grow beyond my original programming. Still I am unable to
grasp such basic concepts as humor.

Registered GNU/Linux User No. 401868