[Scribus] Memory Consumption on Image Frames

Nicolás Carranza nicarran
Sun Feb 4 16:11:51 CET 2007

I'm using scribus to do annotations on PDF documents. I import all the
PDF pages in image frames. I see that scribus caches in memory all the
images contained in an entire document and makes "imposible" to edit
documents with lots of images (40 (1800x2775) images take about 800MB of
memory for a 40 pages PDF). Anybody knows if there are plans to do a
more intelligent caching of images or image frame behavior (only caching
the images that are shown or its neighboring pages) so that we can use
scribus in documents with hundreds of high-res images?